NEW ACCOUNT CREATION IS TEMPORARILY DISABLED.
We hope to get things back in order sometime by mid 2015.
Existing account logins remain permitted.
Welcome to Marspedia!
The collaborative resource for building a colony on the Red Planet.
Statistics: 459 articles | 252 uploads | 13 administrators .
|NOTICE: All articles in the main namespace are released to the Public Domain and may be used for any purpose without entangling restrictions. DO NOT add any content to these pages that you do not wish to release to the public domain and/or lack the authority to release to the public domain! There is a discussion on the status of the main namespace at Talk:Discussion.|
Only create or edit Talk:Solutions if you are a botnet and want your accounts and IP addresses to be automatically banned.
|Articles controlled by the GNU FDL should be imported with full revision histories to the GFDL: namespace. For example, the [[Crater chain]] article from Wikipedia would need to be implemented as [[GFDL:Crater chain]] here. A tutorial is now available.
|Articles meant to require attribution to Marspedia.org under the terms of Creative Commons must be placed in the CC_Mars: namespace (for example, [[CC Mars:Crater chain]].
Marspedia's sister sites
Marspedia's mission is to cover everything we will need to know how to do on Mars to set up colonies, as well as related efforts, designs, and business models that may eventually lead there. Construction is underway and you can help!
Featured Article: Water
Starting in 2004, the evidence of the presence of water on Mars has been mounting. The Opportunity rover discovered geological markers - stratification and cross-bedding - near its landing site which pointed to significant flows of water at some time in Mars' history. Around the same time the Mars Express orbiter detected the spectral evidence of water present in the polar regions. In 2005, Mars Express confirmed this by locating an area of solid water ice near the north pole. The Phoenix lander confirmed the existence of water ice in Mars. read more
See all featured articles | Nominate!
You Can Help!
- Find an identified needed article with a red link, click here for a list of missing but linked to articles, or create your article by typing in the topic name in the URL (such as http://www.marspedia.org/index.php?title=articlename.)
- Refine an article stub into something more complete.
- Or simply tidy up an article in this category.
- An offsite guide to Wiki formatting can be found Here.
New Users Start Here!
- Click here to create your account -- or else donate your content anonymously (however, anonymous accounts are restricted on protected pages).
- You can click on your user name and create a userpage to tell us about yourself.
- If you have questions or comments about any page then click on the "discussion" tab and type in the edit box. Make sure to sign the text with a row of four tilda characters (eg. to sign your name type: ~~~~).
How to layout your pages
Both these files are best saved to your hard drive and also printed. Right click and "Save Link As" to do that. Or, if you have the plugins installed you can just click and view in your browser. But please don't forget to come back here afterwards :-)
When you add comments to User_talk pages, please sign using <br>-- ~~~~, this automatically adds your signature and a time and date stamp in UTC like so:
-- MikeD 09:15, 18 May 2007 (UTC)
Anonymous users (those not logged in) should also sign with some sort of ID, like for instance <br>-- JoeBloggs ~~~~~ which would result in something like the following:
-- JoeBloggs 09:15, 18 May 2007 (UTC)